T is now 7.5 months old! Time really flies away so fast…my baby is growing up too quickly!
At 7 months, T has achieved quite a number of significant milestones compared to her previous months.
- She is able to sit steadily without support! Although, she still can’t sit up on her own yet…. she can only maintain her sitting position 😂
- She can crawl backwards! Not forward, yet…
- She has graduated from puree to porridge and finger food.
- Starts screaming or making funny noises to communicate her wants and don’t-wants
- She can wave goodbye! I know, it’s hard to believe but the daycare nurses have been teaching her to do that and now she lifts her hand up to wave!
- She sprouted her first tooth!! Second one erupting soon.
- Starts drinking water from a sippy cup with some assistance to hold the cup
I’m glad that I don’t have to spend a few hours preparing her puree on weekends anymore as she now has her meals at the daycare center which provides baby meals. Mostly rice porridge with a variety of veggies, chicken and fish. On weekends, I cook her rice congee too with quinoa/millet and pork (since she doesn’t get any red meat at the center).
I tried feeding oatmeal (made powdered oats for a finer texture), but she doesn’t seem to like oatmeal as she gagged on it and then vomited!
I have also tried offering finger food like rice crackers and chunks of avocado. She loves them and took them quite well. It’s pretty scary watching them chew on those huge chunks…
T loves bread too, but I try not to give it to her too often. Usually just a few bites when she screams at me while I’m enjoying my bread.
What T has been eating at home (during weekends) so far:
- Pumpkin rice congee
- Broccoli rice congee
- Spinach rice congee
- Sweet potato quinoa rice congee
- Sweet potato and zucchini rice millet congee
- Sweet potato and pork rice millet congee
- Avocado slices
- Pasta and cheese sticks
- Plum oatmeal
She doesn’t really want to eat baby congee at home although she eats them well at the daycare center. And I found that she hates zucchini (so do I). So I’ve been trying out finger food as well but it seems that she wastes more food than she’s supposed to swallow. Well, I guess it’s a learning process for her as she learns how to pick up her food and feed herself. Thank God for Cookie the smelly beagle (my one and only clean up crew)… I don’t have to clean up the floor after T makes a huge mess dropping and flinging her food everywhere 😂
The worst part of bringing up baby T is when she gets sick. She has been having a bad cough and flu for a few weeks now, and we haven’t been able to sleep well (well, no sleep at all on some nights!). As long as she is healthy and happy, I don’t mind losing a few nights of sleep… but it breaks my heart to see her being sick for a few weeks 😢 Well, at least she still eats and drinks well, and is generally still happy and hyperactive.