T is almost 11 months old! She grows up so fast!
At nearing 11 months old, she is able to:
- Stand up with support
- Walk with support (holding onto something)
- Say bye-bye
- Call the dog….wow wow (probably she meant woof woof 😂)
- Feed herself finger food
- Drink from a straw bottle
- Say mama and papa
- Clap her hands when you tell her to clap
- Clap her hands when she hears a familiar song (like "if you're happy and you know it"
- Offer to feed you food in her hands
- Sprouting her 3rd and 4th teeth (upper front teeth)
- Spoon feed herself…although she makes a huge mess!
She has also become a super picky eater and is not very keen on soft, mushy food like porridge. Nowadays she prefers rice, soups, crackers, and cut fruits.
She loves peaches and cherries very much.
Made her tomato rice with pan fried salmon….she is not a big fan of healthy clean eating!
A lazy meal…scrambled eggs with tomato and cheese.
She loves junk food a lot…. the baby kind of junk food. Like baby rice puffs, rice crackers, teething rusks, toddler biscuits…. oh dear!
Lately at day care, T has graduated from the baby room to the 1-2yo toddler class. She graduated a bit early. So far she is able to follow their morning classes/activities (which mainly consists of sensory play, flash cards, etc) and the fixed schedule and nap time. The only problem is she eats very little porridge, so the nurses have suggested serving her the toddler menu instead, since she hates soft mushy baby food.
Talking about day care, T is staying home for the rest of this week due to the HFMD outbreak at the day care center. So far she hasn't shown any symptoms of HFMD yet, fingers crossed she is not infected! She still follows the day care schedule at home… 3 milk feeds during the day, one 3-hour nap, 2 meals and a snack 😊. Well they say babies thrive on a fixed schedule…. i sure hope so.
Spoon feeding herself – baby pasta stars with cheese.